Sunday, May 6, 2007

being tested

Hello to all,
Sorry I haven't been here in awhile. Hopefully at the end of a personal and family crisis.To make a very long story short, I will try to condense this for you all. I was laid off from work a few weeks ago, along with 4 other co-workers from the shop. Hopefully, the business picks up and someday I will be able to go back. The day that I was laid off in Manhattan, Steve's little car that he commutes with, blew up in Helena. Silly I thought, well at least he can use my truck until we find something for him to drive. Two days later he called from Helena and said that My truck had lost all oil pressure and was out of commission. We went to Helena to put it on a trailer and haul it back to Whitehall to our Mechanic. Meanwhile, our oldest son has taken to making some very poor decisions. The truck will have to have a different engine dropped in to it to survive, so don't know what we will do there. Trying to check out options and save up. Our son on the other hand has moved out. It was unplanned and we haven't heard from him since he went to visit a friend 2 weeks ago. We have been overwhelmed by the compassion of our friends and my family. Thank you so much for everything. We know we will get through this, and just trying to survive without any scars. Our youngest is having a hard time trying to figure out things, and we don't even know what is going on from day to day, but I know we are being tested and somehow we will make it through as a family. I Will pray for my oldest and if he contacts us, I will try to be strong and loving; but his behavior will not be tolerated as it was, we never raised him to act the way he was acting and we hope he comes around. Meanwhile, we have new neighbors that bought the ranch to the west of us. They are putting in a 4 house subdivision and have had their property surveyed. We come home from town one day, and they have posted the survey line with pickets and all down our west side of the ranch, and we have lost 12 feet all the way down. We will completely lose our alley on that side, about 20 7 yr old trees that are now 12-14 feet tall. and about an acre of land. My horses loafing shed is about 2 inches on the other side of this new line also,do not know what will happen there. They did say, that they will pay for and put in all new fencing (which is not livestock compatible) and we wouldn't have to pay anything. Yippee. We cannot afford to have it re-surveyed but my Brother-in-law will have a surveyor from his work, look over the copy of their survey. When it rains it pours.

No comments: