Isn't she a beauty? I could be cooking TWO delectable steaming hot fluffy golden brown waffles with this wondrous waffle maker! The Ferrari of waffle makers. Why waffles today, you ask yourself? Read on...today while reading at another blog I enjoy visiting, a question asked of the readers was, "what is one of your favorite memories?" The question was pertaining to school. I thought about this question for awhile and then my answer came to me. My favorite school memory was of my mother making waffles on special days for all of us kids before school. Now mind you, our family consisted of 8 children and young adults at the time, and preparing waffles for this army was I am sure no easy or quick feat. In fact, I know it wasn't quick, because on "waffle days" we were always late for school, and my mothers solution was to send us with the infamous "waffle excuse notes" to alleviate any tardies that the school would normally impose upon a tardy student. The school never questioned the brilliant waffle excuse, so we not only got wonderful waffles for breakfast, we were also allowed to be late for school, what a double kid bonus this waffle thing was! I love this memory yet my older brother probably still shudders at the thought of having to march in late and present the note. Hey Mom, I smile every time I pop a Eggo into the microwave and who would've thought that you could get warm fuzzies over a mere breakfast item? Mom, if I failed to ever thank you, I am doing it now, I love you and thanks for the waffles.
Friday, August 17, 2007
waffles on the brain...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment