Sunday, September 30, 2007

The Dueck household has made a lifestyle change







Well, today is my going to put it all out there, because I will never see this day or weight again day. On the 19 of Sept. I joined a great group of wonderful ladies online to forever banish my bad lifestyle habits once and for all. I have met all of them through the scrapbooking message board that I frequent and what a wonderful support team they have turned out to be. It was suggested that we scrap our journey, and then share them with our group, so here is my project ladies, in all of its glory. I had to make something useful so I thought that I would make a "lifestyle change journal."


I went ahead and put the ugly truth on the cover to remind me daily of where I do not want to be. It also has places for inspirational photos to be mounted . The book has 5 chapters and each chapter has a set of log pages. I also have a favorite quote inside by Karen Lamb that I read the other day which really spoke to me, so I had to use it. I will use the clip on the right to mount photos or recipes that will inspire me and keep me healthy. The chapters are as follows:




FOOD


EXERCISE


WEIGHT


INCHES


INSPIRE


Erin Lincoln who is the online hostess for Creating Keepsakes Magazine, made a wonderful "Man Book" for her husband, and was the inspiration behind this "book layout" design that I used. I have logged in everyday now since the 18th of Sept, and lost 10 lbs so far. I did talk to my mother today, and she was horrified that I would share my weight on it and then post it online. Mom, I love you, but I've been hiding it with clothes, behind family members (don't you love last years Christmas photo?) and face it, some people can carry weight better than others, I have been so lucky, but I don't want to carry it anymore, I'm tired and I've wasted too much of my life trying to disguise it. So here it is world, "I WEIGHED TWO HUNDRED AND EIGHTY LBS!!!" That was kinda fun. Face it Mom, the only one's who care anyway are friends and family that love me, and they want to see me live a long and healthy life also. There, my big secret is out and you know what, the world did not just fall off of its axis or anything. Wahoo!!!!!

3 comments:

noel joy said...

i LOVE your book!!!! i so want to make one! and you're right...

those who mind DON'T matter and those who MATTER don't mind!!!

thanks for sharing!

Rachel said...

Ok I had a post all typed out and then hit submit. Well it didn't work
ARGHHHHH

Well, it said(something along these lines):

Love your work! Keep it up! Thanks for sharing. You are inspirational to me. Thank you!!!!

Also love the quote you picked.

Toodles,
Rachel Ok I had a post all typed out and then hit submit. Well it didn't work
ARGHHHHH

Well, it said(something along these lines):

Love your work! Keep it up! Thanks for sharing. You are inspirational to me. Thank you!!!!

Also love the quote you picked.

Toodles,
Rachel :mrgreen:

supermom said...

you go girl. that is awesome. congrats on the weight loss. i love that you are sharing with the cyber world. like noel joy said, i think it is cause for celebration! :)