As I re-filled the finches thistle socks today, it dawned on me that I am really no longer afraid of birds. You see, I have had a bird fear most of my life and never thought I'd get over it. Listen people, we have chickens, "HELLO, they're BIRDS!"
I can sit and watch the finches flitter around a mere 3 feet away from me and it's not a problem.
I let a bird fly onto my hand and eat, when my oldest son was a mere 4 years old and I never even remembered about my so called "bird fear." I was looking back at some older LO's and they went back to 1991 and there I am, not afraid of birds.
I'm not sure when I lost this fear, but it's been such a part of me that I just self labeled myself as a bird "fearer" and moved on. I had a baby mallard drake and it used to curl up under my neck when I laid down and I never even gave it a second thought, that was just 4 years ago, and yet if you asked me 2 day's ago what was one of my deepest darkest fears, I would automatically tell you ....birds.
So, my point is, what other fears or dislikes have I gotten over and still am oblivious too? Maybe I can throw away some more self imposed labels! What about you? Can you throw any "old" labels away? Think back, then look at your life today and reevaluate your fears/dislikes and see if you can toss some by the wayside.
Have a great week!
Monday, August 11, 2008
she's come a long way baby...
Labels:
scrapbooking layouts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
These layouts are beautiful!!! You have such talent.
Wonderful layouts! Glad you aren't afraid of birds anymore!
Gorgeous LOs Steph. You amaze me with your talent.
Post a Comment