45 year old bladder check yesterday. It's still holding....barely.
Let me set the scene,
We had a door delivery to the Yellowstone Club which is about 2 hours away if your pulling a trailer down the Gallatin canyon.
Mind you, I was still having my every 2 year Olympic Fever which means I get about 4 hours of sleep for 2 weeks of late night cheering and undaunted feverish game watching.
Don't worry, It's only every 2 years, so I'll survive. I have just learned how to compensate.
Mountain Dew. Better than cola and cheaper than Starbucks.
Sorry, I seem to have digressed, but I thought you needed the back story.
Back to the drive down the canyon.
Now, It's a known fact that for every 20 ozs of Mountain Dew the average 45 year old mother of 2 needs to have a potty break every hour, and since I fit that bill, I was over due for a tinkle as we drove up to the entrance of the Yellowstone Club.
It has a construction entrance and with all of the thrills and perks that construction entrances have, it sported a beautiful (well, in my eyes, and with my fill line) blue porta potty. I jumped out of the truck leaving my coworker behind and TRIED to WALK in a straight line for that beautiful blue oasis, a mere 200 feet away in the trees, and JUST as I was 3 feet from the porta potty door, I heard my coworker yell, "BEAR!"
"Yeah, right, real funny Merlin," (don't mess with a mom with a who's barely maintaining bladder control and mere feet away from the Loo. You see, the countdown had already begin, and Houston was seconds away from launching.)
As I mumbled something not so nice over my shoulder and reached for the LOO handle, I saw something to my left, dark and moving in my direction.
Sure as shooting, there he was, 15 feet away and rambling towards me as only a young bear can do. I might add that he was looking quite intrigued, and the object of his attention was me. Without thinking, I reached for and ripped open that LOO door and tumbled in.
(Thank GOODNESS it wasn't occupied, could you see me pleading with some tool belted, crack sporting construction dude, to let me in???)
So, this story comes with pictures and not mine I might add, I completely forgot that my phone has a camera, (wonder why?) so the following picture posts are somewhat representational, except for the house. Isn't she beautiful? For a few cool million, (I'm guessing more than 7 yet less than 10,) you too can have a 6 bedrooms, 9 bathrooms, 4 car garage, private ski mountain, private golf course...
and a black bear or two.
Have a wonderful day.



Thursday, August 14, 2008
the Mountain Dew, construction site, porta potty and black bear incident
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Okay, I'm crying from laughing so hard.
Glad the door wasn't locked! And it was a black, not a brown! Although at that point you probably weren't thinking there would be much difference. Great story! Beautiful house, although I'll take my .5M six bedroom three bath, two car garage without a gate and construction enterence and save my pennies for scrapbook stuff!
ROFLMAO
..
...
OMG!!!!
....
....
still LMAO!!!!
I laughed the pee right out of me!!
Good thing you didn't try to out run it!!
You are a woman full of adventures.
Glad to see you are safe and sound.
I love the pictures.:}
Got a message for you over on my blog!
Post a Comment