Hi family and friends, just a little blogging update to keep everyone in the loop, that wants to be in the loop. Stressing out seems to be my latest problem. I have been frantically trying to find an apartment or small house that my oldest can afford in small college town MT. It hasn't been easy and it's been critical that I find something. For those of you that know us well, you know what we are dealing with, for those of you that don't I hope you'll understand. My oldest is just ready to turn 21. He's a smart, kind hearted, bright amazing young man who happens to have some Autism. He needed quite a bit of help getting through school and over the years we have seen him change and grow in ways that just make a parent giddy, proud, exasberated and downright frustrated at times. We've been through it all and sometimes we haven't come out unscathed. The times have been made easier by having a wonderful family support system. Our family has shared in the joys of raising our child as well as the heartache of raising our child, but in the end I always have to remind myself that isn't that the way with all children? I don't blog about my oldest much, because I started blogging after he turned 18 and sometimes it feels like an invasion on his privacy. I blog today to let you know how important having wonderful and caring family is. Raising a child who has needed to be watched over closer than the average takes more than just one set of parents can give. You need to have other support who know what you're dealing with. Someone to listen to your problems and joys and who understands that a small problem is sometimes much bigger, and who understands that a seemingly small joy is sometimes an earth shattering hallaluah moment. I want to thank my family for helping support and raise our son. I know that we could never do this alone, I think God everyday that we have the family needed to get through these trials and to the other side. God didn't give us this child and turn his shoulder. God gave us this child and then gave us family who would understand and help and support in so many ways. We have all learned so much about Autism and other Spectum disorders over the years and we haven't had to do it alone so today I am feeling blessed, other problems seem so small when you deal with the bigger important ones, ones that have changed your life. Take some time to look around and see what is important in your life today, to look at your probems and to put them into proper perspective, you may find that some really shouldn't be worried about so much and maybe if you share them, you'll find someone to step forward and lighten your load.
Sunday, February 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
God is great, isn't He!! I will be praying for you and your apartment hunt. I think it is so great that you have extended family that is willing to help. Alot of people don't have that support and I think they miss out on more than they realize.
Michelle
Post a Comment