Monday, February 4, 2008

love is in the air * CHALLENGE # 1



With love in the air this month, how about a Valentines day challenge using Candice Palmer's beautiful yet simple LO from Simple Scrapbooks Jan/Feb issue for a template.

I love how she used a non traditional color scheme
and non theme patterned paper for this opposites attract layout.

She used 2 embellishments, one journaling block and put her title on her photo.

So, the challenge is to use that criteria and complete a page, upload it to the CKMB GALLERY and link it back to the comment section for this challenge, here on my blog. I'll have a wonderful "love themed" scrapbooking package and draw one name on Feb.14th for the prizes and then post the name here, good luck, happy scrapping and Happy Early Valentines day Ladies!


Here is what you'll be creating the page for! (other than your own wonderful album of course)

5 pages of Basic Greys "two scoops" line of patterned paper,1 page of Making Memories "audrey" noteworthy scallop circle patterned paper,1 set of Basic Grey "two scoops" wholly cow florish rub ons,2 pink extra large Heidi Swapp flowers,1 set of Basic Greys "two scoops" brads (180 count),1 roll of American Craft's element ribbon,1 set of Autumn Leaves Rhonna Farrer clear stamps (heart/flower),1 Heidi Swapp clear clock face,and 1 set of Heidi Swapp bling circle frames.

11 comments:

IamDerby said...

wow awesome prize package... ill have to see if I can find a worthy pic

Dettao said...

Wow, how generous of you. I love the simplicity of that layout and will definitely do this.

Jingle said...

Okay! I got it done! Here is the link to my layout in the CK gallery! Fortunately, this also fits for Erin's weekend challenge! LOl!

http://www.creatingkeepsakes.com/gallery/details.ihtml?idx=96602

Anonymous said...

Love your blog, Stephi! One of these days I'll roll into the 21st century, lol!

http://www.creatingkeepsakes.com/gallery/details.ihtml?idx=96635

I love the LO you chose, and I hope my adjustments are ok. I simply cannot scrap a single photo -- well, ok, I do it on VERY rare occasions -- so this LO has 3 photos. It's a Christmas page, describing the first year dd and Mom and I made a gingerbread house (2003). Instead of traditional Christmas papers and patterns, I broke out the BG Infuse that I've been hoarding, and scrapped in pink and brown. For my 2 embellishments I cut a house with my Christmas Cheer Cricut cartridge (decorated with stickles) and used gems for the 'smoke.' I like it! Thanks for the challenge, it really gets me thinking in new directions. :)
~Karen

4guysandagirl said...

Thanks for the fun challenge (the great gift was good incentative too!!) Here's mine.

http://www.creatingkeepsakes.com/gallery/details.ihtml?idx=96655

Stephanie said...

Here is Mary Lou Lock's LO! She had some trouble uplinking to my blog, and I wanted everyone to be able to enjoy it:)

http://www.creatingkeepsakes.com/gallery/details.ihtml?idx=96801&img_idx=&viewer=TRUE

Anonymous said...

Yippee! I did this LO last night and am pretty happy with it! You'll see in my comments it was also my first attempt at a scan-and stitch LO.... I usually just take a picture with my cam; which is BROKEN! Anywho, I took the challenge and sketch pretty litterally! Enjoy and thanks for the challenge! I can't wait to see what else you have in store!

http://www.creatingkeepsakes.com/gallery/details.ihtml?idx=97037

grettas granddaughter said...

Here is my layout for your challange. Thanks for giving me the push to get this layout done.
I love your blog.

http://www.creatingkeepsakes.com/gallery/details.ihtml?idx=97331

Anonymous said...

Here's the link to my LO from the CK Gallery for your Challenge! Thanks for the Challenge!! I had scrapped this photo before but I really hated the LO that came of it...I am finally satisfied with this one!http://www.creatingkeepsakes.com/gallery/details.ihtml?idx=97531

Thanks! Scrapthat/Dolly

Anonymous said...

Hey! I hope I'm not too late to respond to the challenge! I had such a great time doing this LO. It is the first LO I've ever done of me and my DH. Here is the link and thanks for the challenge!

GenaM
http://creatingkeepsakes.com/gallery/details.ihtml?idx=97817

Anonymous said...

Here is my LO for the "love is in the air challenge...hope I am not too late. It's 10:00 pm PST :o)
What a great idea - so glad I got to do the LO.

http://www.creatingkeepsakes.com/gallery/details.ihtml?idx=97932