Saturday, May 31, 2008

It's LO time again

Hi all, just a quick post to share some layouts that I thought you might enjoy. It's a quiet lazy weekend here in MT. It's beautiful outside, and I'm going to try and get some badly needed yard work done today. I hope everyones having the same gorgeous weather around the country as we are today and you all have some fun plans for the weekend! Until next time... Journaling reads:
At the time it was you and I making it on our own. Me a single divorced mother and you a little two and half year old boy. We had to share a house with another mom and her little boy but we survived. I worked at the ranch everyday and you went to a daycare run by my ex-stepsister Janelle, who loved and doted on your every word. You and I lived for quite some time on our own, we didn‘t have much, but we had enough. We had friends and family that loved and cared for us, and we were together. We worked and played and cooked and read together. It was scary time but it was just as special in its own right. I didn’t have a camera of my own, but I do have this little snippet of a snapshot taken in a photo booth at the Santa Barbra County Fair in 1989. Just one little old and dirty photo, but I will always treasure it dearly.





4 comments:

Susan Beth said...

Love the layouts and learning new things about you! Is the spirit girl your neice who happens to have some extra "style" and "girlie girl-ness?" I well remember that post and just thought maybe... I guess you could have other pretty young ladies in your life, so maybe not. Anyway, I enjoyed the layouts!

Scramping My Life Away said...

I just saw the LO and read the journaling with the photo booth pic. It is absolutely beautiful! I am catching up on your blog and seems that you are a wonderful person who has happiness and love in her life.... TFS your stories, very inspirational...

Corina said...

Thank you for your congratulations and for stopping by my blog! Love yours.. your style is so refreshsing - touching layouts!!

Stacy said...

Love the LOs. The journaling about you & your son is darling. We are having hot and humid weather already. It's going to be a long summer :)