Monday, December 17, 2007

still alive and kicking in Montana

Hi all,
Just a quick note to update the blog and let you all know we are all still alive and kicking in MT. I have been on a roller coaster with my work since the end of Oct. I was hired back as a temp from my former full time job, that I was layed off from last March. I was only going to work through November, but on the last day, I was asked to stay on as a temp for a while longer. Well, last Thursday, it was announced that the portion of the company that I work for, was sold. I was the only temp working, so hopefully the the owners will hire me back on full time, once the dust settles. So....long story short...once again, I am jobless. I've really been riding the roller coaster here of emotions, but other than some post holiday overindulgence's which thank goodness didn't show up on the scale, I am still holding my weight and haven't gained any back. I'll have to decide to head in a different direction with my work if they don't hire me back on, so I may have to make some big changes that I'm not going to worry about until after Christmas. That's the good news (well, at least the no-weight gain part), the bad news is that I haven't lost any weight either. I cooked all day today and had the restraint to try one piece of each creation, and to freeze the rest right away, so with my treadmill and my rower, I'll have to get back to healthier eating choices real quick.
We did receive the most wonderful early Christmas gift last week, and I'll post a photo Monday of it. Here is a hint...It's from my mom, (she's very practical and thoughtful) it used to be alive, it arrived on a huge flatbed pulled by a lot of horsepower and weighed as much as my car I'm quite sure.
We also had our little one who's not so little anymore, celebrate his 14th birthday! He received a rocket set, new computer speakers for gaming, an I-dog to hook up to his Ipod, music download cards, 3 new novels (which he finished off tonight) and wonderful cash. The kid always seem to score cash somewhere along the birthday train, and like all teens, loves to choose something on his own. Needless to say, we have one happy teen on our hands. I just can't believe how old he's getting and how quick time seems to fly by. I'll have to post some birthday pictures tomorrow also.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Hey Steph. I know you have been busy but just wanted to say "hi" & I've missed you on the MB. Hopefully everything will get back to normal after the holidays.

Take Care,

Stacy (ckmb slh1mom)